Yes I just likened my friends and myself to mice (I'll be Jerry and you can be Speedy, okay?) If this week were a present it would have had a big bow and a box full of chocolates inside. This week there was a huge teachers meeting for the special program our school is run under, so pretty much all the teachers were gone throughout the week. One day I had subs for 3 out of 4 of my classes. We did things like play Village Idiot (a card game) and play Pictionary on the Smart Board our English teacher somehow persuaded the administration to get.
Also this week was Falcon Frenzy, the school wide, half-day carnival that is held every year at the end of the year. There are booths with food and carnival games, and for the last hour of of school they have a Variety School. It's nice to see kids from school perform and share their talents. An LDS girl who is also going to BYU sang and
played the guitar to her arrangement of a song that included Hallelujah and Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. We also got our yearbooks, which was nice and a good surprise, because the tradition of late has become that the yearbooks are released the following year.
This morning I had Ben & Jerry's Phish Food for breakfast, a Safeway Select Molten Lava cake when I got home, and I plan to have some more chocolate and rest this weekend, for it is the father and son's campout. It was good that I wore my chocolate shirt.
Also this week I got new scriptures--yay! I loved my last ones literally to death. They almost survived four years of note and handout intensive seminary. I almost cried when they broke. Poor things.
The Mice Will Play while the Cat's Away
|
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment