Author: Megan Licious
|
|
(To see all my Prom pictures, go to http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm291/meganprom08/ )
How fabulous can Prom get??
Mine was on May 17th, at a ballroom downtown Portland. Instead of going to dinner that night in our dresses and being full for the dance, we decided we would go out to eat Friday night. (We is Sam, Connie, and Jenny--my four best friends.) It was so delicious and fun to go there. I had a cheeseburger that was fabulous, and some Fresh-Fried Cheesesticks, which are a long time favorite and must-have. We had ninety degree weather that day, which usually does not happen here, so everyone was having fun in the sun. I got sunburnt and it was fabulous.
After we ate, we were able to get home ane prepare for the next day, which we planned to stay all day at Sam's house and get ready. That morning I got picked up by Sam and Connie, so that Connie and I could go and watch Sam's softball game that she had that morning. It was fun to see her do something she's done for so long, and enjoys. I saw a lot of
people from Middle school there that I haven't seen forever--even some that have moved away, but were invited back for Prom.
It was fun to get ready with everyone at Sam's house. We had gone shopping at the biggest mall we could find during Spring Break this year to find dresses, and after (literally) a day of shopping, we all almost had ours. We found this cute, amazing little botique called Alley Kat that had so many wonderful, unique dresses. Because of that, we all had dresses that no one else had. It was definately worth the trip. I hadn't planned on getting blue, but when I found this dress, I loved the style and fell in love with it.
It was nice to stay in and get ready that day--we had all we need just between us. Jenny is the entertainer, and is always laughing. Connie is the DJ, and she always has great music (our official Prom song--chosen by her--was Forever, by Chris
Brown). And Sam is our resident beautician. She did all of our hair, and she did an amazing job. She also has all of the makeup any of us could want. She and her mom love hosting, so it's fun to go to their house and relax and just pamper ourselves. We did our nails and banana facials.
Once we were ready we took pictures on Sam's lawn (from left to right: Brittany, me, Aleena, Connie, Jenny, Sam). Connie and Jenny had dates, and once they showed up we all piled into Sam's parent's Excursion (except Brit and Aeena, who chose instead to go in Brittany's mustang,
haha). Sam had gone downtown Portland to practice driving it and to find somewhere to park the day before, which she deserves hugo props for. It's tough to drive downtown.
The dance was held in this old, beautiful building on the 5th floor--with no air conditioning. Where the dance floor was, there were two windows, which were open and rather unhelpful. Someone claims to have measured the temperature in that room at 118 F--wow (it was still in the nineties outside). There was a cute candy and muffin snack layout and they served Italian Sodas at the
bar. We've had some troubles with kids drinking at other school activities, but everyone was there and sober and having fun, which I was so grateful for. I'm thankful for teachers who encouraged us all to enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime event. (We had even had a SKID assembly the day before--a spectacular event that really touched me).
After the dance we walked down the five flights of stairs (luckily I was wearing flats--woot! When I had bought my dress I told Sam offhandedly that I wanted gold flats with them, and then when I was in Target and saw some, I knew it was destiny.)
And I even made curfew!
I had so much fun, and I just can't wait to graduate and finish out this year great!
Related Posts : Connie,
dances,
friends,
graduation,
happy,
Jenny
No comments:
Post a Comment