I have long loved film and have always found it the most moving of the arts, allowing a certain omniscience. Great film often surpasses other art in our time, "guaranteed... [to be] the artistic medium of the twentieth century" (Green). The power that comes with impeccable timing and theme is unmatched.
In researching cinema I found some beautiful shorts sponsored by the Savannah College of Art and Design. This one is precise and effective in purpose, like nothing you've seen before. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
In researching cinema I found some beautiful shorts sponsored by the Savannah College of Art and Design. This one is precise and effective in purpose, like nothing you've seen before. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
(If you can't see it: http://www.scadshorts.com/index.php
ONLY this one comes with my recommendation)
Green, John D. Coming to Your Senses: Connecting to the Arts. Provo, UT: BYU Academic Publishing. 2002.













2 comments:
John Green - the humanities teacher? Did he use to sing in the tabernacle choir .....he used to be my humanities 101 teacher! If you get sent to the Provo tabernacle to look at architecture - enjoy the view!
No way! How cool! I'll have to do some research and see if it's the same guy. Hopefully I will get to go to the tabernacle (we haven't studied architecture yet).
Post a Comment