I have a confession.
The vending machines in our building have pretty good selection, but by the weekend, nearly all the (desirable) food is gone (especially because the boys are around then). So it's become common wisdom that students stock up what they need before that time. I thought it would be a good idea earlier this afternoon, considering I was already there, and ice cream was included in my list of "need for the future."
I got my ice cream and was about to leave when the next ice cream bar in line somehow slid forward and nearly down below and eventually, I'm sure, into some one's unpaid, ravenous clutches. The coil barely saved it; however, my fear still remained that I had just cost Blue Bunny a free ice cream bar (against their will). I stood for a moment in dilemma before deciding I would swipe my card again, paying for it, and simply storing it with my first bar.
It was not meant to be. This time TWO ice cream bars merrily slid down (I was not merry), one of which I had not paid for still. Now the coil seemed backed up; a sizable gap until the next bar suggested that if I paid for another one the coil would move forward a space without dropping a bar and all would be well.
I did so and all was well.
Until I was walking away and heard a faint kur-plunk. Yes, it had discharged another bar. I do not know why. The only possible conclusions are that the machine is smart and/or evil. Either way, and despite my intentions, I carried the extra ice cream bar back to my room in defeat.
I am sorry Blue Bunny vendors.













1 comment:
This made me laugh...too funny...good for you for trying to give back...sounds like karma got in your way! :)
Post a Comment