Fools

| |

The best gift of the Christmas season is the spirit in the air: warm, comfortable, content. Last year it never came for me; this year it has come early. September is a fool for fooling me.

With a high of 65, the day had that crisp, cold, refreshing air that I am in love with. The best feeling in the world is the warmth of wearing a cozy jacket or crawling up in a warm blanket: the warmth of the body and the soul. At work today, my co-worker was playing and singing to Christmas music--my favorite kind. And then, for Whitney's birthday, four of us girls went to Macaroni Grill and enjoyed the beautiful low-light setting, complete with a couple who sang in Italian while playing guitar and keyboard.

Needless to say, I arrived home having fallen hard. Now all I can think of are Michael Buble songs, hot chocolate, and the warmth of friends. Oh the woes of the romantic! I love winter.

Unforgettable - Nat King Cole

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!! I can't WAIT for hot chocolate mornings at the Cannon Center, movie nights in sweats and wrapped up in blankets, wearing my scarf and mittens, and buying some new snow boots. =) yay Megan!!! =)

.