Sweet Chocolate Love

| |

On my Christmas list the year I was 16, I included Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream. The list was actually a small, handmade book, each page completing a wish with a picture and description. (The ice cream? "A first-rate pampering item and a stupor of depression favorite.")

It was the year of AP: Bio, Language, and US History. I'm unsure of how many pints of ice cream those classes put me through. Just cracking one open takes me back to long nights of studying; random snippets of Okasaki fragments, discussion on argumentation of international adoption, and the Seneca Falls convention float across my brain. It smells as much of scantrons and pencil lead as of chocolate; yet, that's why it's still a favorite.

A good friend recently gave me a box of what she called “the best chocolates ever made.” I guess-da-ma-dated them back to her college years. I thought of the college life and of what she might have been going through that made those chocolates her favorite: the good times and the bad times.

Chocolate is the food of emotion. Want to make a memory? Grab a Ghiradeli bar or a Godiva Chocolixir to cement it happily into your memory.


This week alone I have eaten three boxes of Junior mints.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Megan, I as well am I devoted fan of the Ben & Jerry's... though my personal favorite is Chubby Hubby. =)

& I enjoy the reference to Okasaki fragments. in my class we called them Okasaki chunks, except everytime you said it, you had to say "Okasaki" real fast & then "CHUNKS!" with a chomping sound. it was pretty awesome.

thanks for helping me remember that =) hehe.

.