All of my training and knowledge in history and government lead me to believe that Obama will win this election; however, it still remains that I must cast a vote based on the direction of the spirit. The scariest idea I have ever encountered is in the scriptures when it is pronounced that in the last days even many of the most elect and righteous will be led away. I have always believed this is because of the subtlety of the path. It is a fine line to walk in electing a leader of God's country. I was told by the spirit to reach a true (or truest) decision by (1) learning true doctrine, (2) gaining a testimony of that doctrine, and (3) living the gospel courageously (Elder Robert R. Steuer). Specifically, I was told to read Preach My Gospel. May we all walk the line carefully and prayerfully that we be not led away.
Then watch this and relax :)
Watch It: Decide
|
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













2 comments:
Hey Megs - Since I am still undecided on who to vote for, share with me what you specifically see in Obama that sways you to vote for him?
Because Obama has rallied young voters unlike ever before, I believe that he will pay more attention to them--me included. I also feel that under scrutiny of character ("Is he black enough?" "Is he American enough?"), he and his wife have behaved and pronounced admirably. I think he is a good man with intelligence and courage. The first time I remember seeing McCain was at a Republican debate. He sat back, folded his arms, and smiled to himself as the other candidates debated. I was kind of appauled by it, and haven't been able to get over it ever since. Besides that, I was following the run for candidacy closely, and I still have no idea how McCain came out on top. It was a surprise and I am still dumbfounded (though I thought all the Repub candidates were wildly unfit). The question for me then became, do I vote for a man who has good character or one who says he will do the right thing? The bottom line with McCain, from what I can tell, is war. He will be a continuation of Bush's administration (which is why I think he can't win). The only reason I could see myself voting for him is if the "war on terrorism" is something the Lord would have us follow through with. That will be the deciding point for me. If not, I think the problems Bush's administration caused, especially the economy, can and will be helped by Obama.
Post a Comment