When You Find Yourself Wrong

| |

I have friends who pull up websites and show me their favorite journalism photography of third world countries or meticulously recycle every Cola bottle and notecard. Something that I've come to realize about myself is that I don't share in the passions that drive my friends to do these things. I haven't cared. But I want to change that. I have only room for improvement and it is much needed.

So, I am undertaking the project laid out by Blog Action Day 2008:



No research is ever of value unless it is written about. As I press forward, I will write my findings and testimonials here.

Here's a small start. I found this video online that is funny in a way but truly very informative. Did you know?:


Cristoforis Dream - David Lanz

or http://www.storyofstuff.com/

The candidates on poverty:

McCain indicates his support for direct federal poverty aid through religious, community-based or other non-profit organizations. He says, “Welfare and anti-poverty assistance is a shared responsibility among federal, state and local government; the private sector; community and faith-based organizations. Welfare policy must provide a strong safety net, while promoting work, responsibility, self sufficiency and dignity.” (Source: Vote-Smart.org 2000 NPAT Jan 13, 2000)

“I'm in this race for the same reason that I fought for jobs for the jobless and hope for the hopeless on the streets of Chicago; for the same reason I fought for justice and equality as a civil rights lawyer; for the same reason that I fought for Illinois families for over a decade… That's why I'm running, Democrats — to keep the American Dream alive for those who still hunger for opportunity, who still thirst for equality.”
— Barack Obama, Speech in Des Moines, IA, November 10, 2007

No comments:

.