Upon arriving in Book of Mormon, the first thing our teacher Bro. S asks us is, "What was the first thing God said to Joseph Smith?" After a minute of everyone staring intensely at the blank, white walls, one guy raises his hand: "He called Joseph by name." "That's right, He called him by name because he knew and loved him. If the Lord met any of you at the moment, he would call you by name. If that's what the Lord would do for you, that's what I will try to do, as well."
We come to our first set of verses to read. Bro. S made no hesitation, "Caleb could you please start? And then could you, Amy, follow, and then you Trevor?" He knew all of our names. He knew our faces and he used each person's name when he talked to them. Yesterday I got an email from him wishing me happy birthday. I'm so grateful there are still people who care and are thoughtful. What an important lesson for me, as a future teacher.













No comments:
Post a Comment