10:15 AM, 45 mins before Sam's job interview
Sam: "Old people have large nostrils from picking their noses all their lives."
(Long, awkward laugh pause)
Megan: "Old people are also wise, so does that mean that the larger your nostrils are, the wiser you are?"
Sam: "That makes sense."
Megan: "So, if you go into your job interview, you could just be like, 'I'm Sam, and I'll make a good employee because I'm wise. Just check out these nostrils!'?'"
1:55 PM, after English
Megan: "Where are we going?"
Sam: "We're just go--"
(Sam trips on stairs and falls amongst a horde of onrushing, angry student people).
Megan: "Be carefu--!"
(Megan trips on stairs and falls amongst passing, snickering student people).
2:05 PM
(Elevator doors open, two Tanner Building Businessmen get in)
Sam: "Hi!"
Tanner Building Businessman #1: "Hi!"
Tanner Building Businessman #2: "Are you two...kinda...together? You're standing close together."
Sam & Megan: "Kinda."
(Pause)
Sam: "Are you two together?"
Tanner Building Businessmen: (Laughing) "No...no."
(Door opens, two girls get on)
Sam: (To girls) "Hey, are you two together?"
2:07 PM
(Ritualistic stop at the drinking fountain)
(Megan takes a drink and turns around)
Sam: (Dismissive tone) "...Yeah right. You won't spit that at me."
(Long pause)
(Megan spits mouthful of water in Sam's face)
Some Time Later in the Afternoon When the Day Has Been Long Enough That It Doesn't Matter:
(Elevator doors open)
Megan: "What floor do we want? Three?" (Pushes three button)
Sam: "No, floor four." (Pushes four button)
(Elevator stops at floor three, Megan starts to get off)
Sam: "Um. Not the right floor."
Megan: "Ugh! What? Which floor is it?" (Pushes already pressed four button)
(Elevator opens on floor four)
Megan: "What?! This can't be right." (Pushes three button incessantly)
Sam: "Um. We're getting off here."
3:40 PM, On the Way to Men's Chorus
Megan: "Okay, so...what's the plan? We'll just meet back in Chipman? I won't take very long but it depends on how long you will take. I don't want to be late."
Sam: "Yeah right. I'll be back at the bottom of your stairs before you."
Megan: "Um... (laughs) ok. I just have to change..."
Sam: "You don't think I can do it?!"
Megan: "..No."
Sam: (shakes head) "Fine. It's a bet then. See you in a second."
Megan: "Ok, fine. But no running!"
Sam: (laughs) "Fine."
(Five minutes later, Megan comes down the stairs)
Sam: "Ha. Told you."
Megan: "What?! How is that possible? I was upstairs for like two minutes."
(Normal conversation ensues. Two minutes later:)
Megan: "Um. Are you sure you didn't run back?"
Sam: "Of course! Why??"
Megan: "Because you obviously did since you kicked up mud all up and down the back of your white pants."
Sam: "...Dang it."
Friday Adventures of Megan and Sam
|
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













3 comments:
ok, now i know why you like him. :)
sounds like you are truly a BYU coed - tripping around cute boys, hanging out with them all day, laughing about silly things because you can. You go girl - enjoy every moment!!
hahahaha. Sam always gets mud on his white pants. I have many stories!
Post a Comment