It's obvious that Christ overcame physical death for all of us. But something I never considered is that He also overcame spiritual death in every sense. While we will be judged according to our works and desires, thereby determining our own eternal existence, it is necessary that, with Christ as our advocate, we must all return before our Father to be judged.
In that instance we will all be with God again, and spiritual death (being defined as separation from God) will be quenched. It's often misunderstood, in light of the truth that "no unclean thing can dwell with God." While the unrighteous may not "dwell" with Him again, living and staying in a permanent fashion, truly our first return to Him will be to be judged according to our works and desires. I never realized what a blessing it will be to stand at the judgement bar and to see His face again, perhaps for the first time in a long time. I'm so grateful for the promise of that judgement! So hopeful that my first meeting with my Lord and my God will be to hear them say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."
I will honor the Atonement of my Savior by taking each decision in weight of honoring His satisfaction of spiritual death--that I may not only return, but stay.
Lesson from the Book of Mormon
|
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment