Author: Megan Licious
|
|
Thanks Mom for posting about little reminders you keep close. Symbolism takes such a role in our lives that it often goes unnoticed and misrepresented. What value does an object have that we don't give it? A rook has no power to move on a chess board unless we give it that power. A red light cannot persuade a driver to stop unless he or she has been taught to do so. A holiday or ceremony bears no influence unless a gathered group believes in it. The study of this idea has been a prevalent one for me this school year. Quite a heavy duty topic, but one that has such a humorous side, too. Here are principles behind some of my things. 
This is the present my parents gave me for my birthday. Yes I have unwrapped it, but for some reason I could not keep myself from wrapping it back up. The bow is one of the most undermined symbols of dedicated declarations. It's the sum of the "I love you"s, "Thank you"s, and "Congratulation"s. When my presents finally came at Christmas, I couldn't bring myself to open them right away. It was necessary to brew the proper anticipatory presents-under-the-tree feeling. I needed to see them wrapped up in assurances of my parents love. So, even after I have opened my birthday present, I keep it as it came. As a reminder.

It is an undeniable fact of human existence that people with bowls of take-my-love-with-you-as-the-gift-that-keeps-on-giving candy on their desks are slightly more valuable in society than the rest of us. Now, that doesn't mean "the rest of us" should go feeling all terrible all over the place, because there's no more use to it than moping that you're not a plumber because society needs plumbers. But really.. let's face it. Just try it. Bishops. Receptionists. Even teachers. You can be sure that when I begin teaching there will be candy. Coming soon to a high school near you.

Yes. This is a Psych pineapple de-stressing squishy de-stresser. I came home one day and plopped down in my chair, sighing, "I'm so tired. This was the longest day of my life." Hilary then proceeded to tell me that I had said that all three previous days upon arriving home. I hadn't even realized it. We laughed forever. For my birthday, she got me this so that I could remember that the promise of the pin apple lives on: another laugh will come.
Related Posts : bad day,
chocolate,
Christmas,
family,
happy,
Psych
No comments:
Post a Comment