I had checked in, checked my baggage, gone through security, and nearly reached the gate before my Christmas vacation flight was cancelled. The weather that prevented me from returning to Oregon only got worse, and my grandparents and I watched on TV as hundreds of stranded travelers across the country waited for water and food and warmth.
I was so grateful to finally have a chance to return to Hillsboro last weekend. Thank you to my family and friends who made my stay comfortable and happy. It was so nice to relax and remember. Things like baking cookies with Ryan, going to a movie with Josh, watching TV with Mom again: those things bring back home.
Everything lined up perfectly for me to be able to go. I was able to switch shifts at work in unexpected and convenient ways; I only needed to miss one, inconsequential school day; my fear of the airport had dissipated; I was able to do homework on the plane; and both of my flights arrived ten minutes early.
As soon as I got back in Provo, things exploded. Essay due dates built up (who wants to regurgitate information on freedom of speech law suits anyway?). Everyone started freaking out about the housing situation for next fall semester (we’ve only been in this semester for a month, people!!!). The sick bug is starting to attempt Helaman Halls conquer again (I find myself washing my hands twenty times a day). And the vending machine with the orange juice in it broke. Sad day.
With all the stresses and new experiences, I feel so blessed and grateful that the Lord strengthened my faith and showed His love with the small miracle of being able to return home. I think the phrase “Good things come to those who wait” should really be “Good things come on the Lord’s time.” There is always reassurance before the storm. And a blessing waiting after.
...Maybe it will involve chocolate. Meanwhile, I may need one of these:
I was so grateful to finally have a chance to return to Hillsboro last weekend. Thank you to my family and friends who made my stay comfortable and happy. It was so nice to relax and remember. Things like baking cookies with Ryan, going to a movie with Josh, watching TV with Mom again: those things bring back home.
Everything lined up perfectly for me to be able to go. I was able to switch shifts at work in unexpected and convenient ways; I only needed to miss one, inconsequential school day; my fear of the airport had dissipated; I was able to do homework on the plane; and both of my flights arrived ten minutes early.
As soon as I got back in Provo, things exploded. Essay due dates built up (who wants to regurgitate information on freedom of speech law suits anyway?). Everyone started freaking out about the housing situation for next fall semester (we’ve only been in this semester for a month, people!!!). The sick bug is starting to attempt Helaman Halls conquer again (I find myself washing my hands twenty times a day). And the vending machine with the orange juice in it broke. Sad day.
With all the stresses and new experiences, I feel so blessed and grateful that the Lord strengthened my faith and showed His love with the small miracle of being able to return home. I think the phrase “Good things come to those who wait” should really be “Good things come on the Lord’s time.” There is always reassurance before the storm. And a blessing waiting after.
...Maybe it will involve chocolate. Meanwhile, I may need one of these:














No comments:
Post a Comment