For Valentine's Day this year, Sam and I spent the morning with his sister, Alysha. (Hi Lysh!) The three of us went bowling. Sam and I tied, with a whopping score of 84 each. Not on purpose, no. We tried to show her all of the cool exhibits on campus, but they had been taken down the day before... lame; still, we had such a good time with her.
Around 2:30, Sam and I had to catch the bus to Salt Lake. He had a master's class for Men's Chorus in the Tabernacle with none other than the King's Singers, who recently won a Grammy, and I got to go as a visitor. They were charismatic and fun ("You all look so much happier when you're thinking about sheep!"). It was wonderful to be around them and to hear Men's Chorus sing.

Short People - Kings Singers
After class we went to the Conference Center so we could take a tour (at my request...mostly I wanted to see the paintings). I love visiting galleries because when a person looks at art, especially a piece that reflects an eternal truth, the light of that truth reflects from their eyes and the wonder and learning is visible. One particular man who was with us was so wonderful to watch: despite his age, he gazed wide-eyed on the series of Book of Mormon paintings by Arnold Friberg. They were beautiful and moving.
After a bit more of Temple Square, we took the lightrail down the street to the Gateway. We spent most of our time in Barnes & Noble, spending hours talking about everything from books like Dr. Seuss Goes to War (a compilation of his WWII-era political cartoons)...It was a good day. :)















3 comments:
weird... out of all the comics you could have found in Dr. Seuss Goes to War, you pick the one that I remember laughing at the most...
we tied at 83. quit trying to give yourself extra points. :P
um. excuse me?! one point man. give me a break. bahaha. and as for the comic... bahaha!!
Post a Comment