Irrational Happiness

| |

Most of us have irrational fears. I do. Thankfully, however, I also have irrational joys. Irrational joys are things that are understandably joyous, but perhaps overly enjoyed by certain people, without much reason at all. I must say, I much prefer the irrational happiness.

Here are a few of mine:

1. Gorgeous penmanship.
2. Never buying a song because the randomness of the radio is much more satisfying.
3. The epiphany containing the real words to that song.
4. Typewriters. I still want one.
5. The sound, smell, and feel of rain.
6. The crunch underfoot when you walk on gravel or in foliage.
7. Personable quotes from the masters of our time
8. Fantastic writing.
9. English muffins with butter and honey.
10. Previews in the movie theater.
11. A son who wears his fathers clothes from that age. And loves them.
12. Pocket watches.

No comments:

.