I was called last night around 9:30 to come in for an interview while watching The Mentalist. I had no idea I'd go from wandering college student to hired in twenty minutes.
I had an AP literature teacher in high school that always joked that AP stood for "Answer the Prompt." As a writer, you have to not only address but innovate around a specific topic, because even fantastic writing means nothing without purpose. After so much practice at doing that, you would think job interviews would be a cinch for me; however, I am terrible with job interviews. I always leave eating my own words, never having found the right thing to say. Gah.
I didn't understand why I felt prompted and encouraged to apply for two BYU Housing jobs this last winter and ended up completely, disappointingly turned down for both. It was so frustrating. But, if for no other reason at this time, that grueling process gave me experience and patience it was time I gained.
Somehow the planets aligned today and I was interviewed by a laid-back, LDS father who liked to crack jokes and was fabulous. I'm so grateful to continually find fellowship along the journey and teammates I didn't even know I had. So grateful.
Oregon strawberry milkshakes and onion rings, here I come.
A Job To Do
|
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment