Ok, so this isn't the chapel I attend in. It's actually in the Joseph Smith building. But it illustrates the beauty of this thought.
The memory of a Sunday morning that happened about a year ago remains vivid. That morning, getting ready for church, I felt emotionally and physically drained. My muscles were stiff and my mind, though open, was tired. As was habit, I got ready for church and was early with my family. As I sat down on our usual pew, the most physical spiritual experience of my life occurred: my muscles relaxed and warmed and my mind went silent and still. There was a literal change in my body. I had only sat down, but I felt like I'd just spent a day at the spa. It was the most beautiful confirmation that I was in the place I was supposed to be.
It wasn't some overwhelming experience that changed my life forever; it was a peaceful confirmation that all was well--or, at least, would be well in the end.
That interaction between my Father and I, which occurred only through the spirit, felt--if anything--like home.
A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief - Paul Cardall














2 comments:
Have you ever been to a spa?
not a professional one, but i've done them at home with friends or for myself. why do you ask?
Post a Comment